01 09 10

Friday, 7 March 2014

Anna Dress is Complete


I finished it the other day...
I am super happy with the end result!

here are some pictures of the patterns I made for it! 
First: the skirt



On the left side you can just see "center fold" written in blue...
 and on the right "4 +" that is to add 4 inches (and a 1.5 seam allowance) to the seams for the pleats


I've seen lots of "Anna dresses" people have created, on the internet...
and they have either gathered or make it a circle skirt. And its not. 


...see they are inverted box pleats on a A line paneled skirt.

Second: the bodice 
to get it nicely fitted and snug when wearing it I decided to lace the back just because it has the blouse underneath and it is velvet so already thick, I wanted it to have minimal bulk! 
So I put in black eyelets and ribbon! 


This is my drawing of the embroidery pattern I transferred to the bodice...


Those are my patterns!
Now...

here are a few shots (excuse the selfy) of it on me!!
hopefully there will be a proper photo shoot of the out fit soon!





and there it is... 
all using fabrics I already had! 

SUPER THRILLED!