01 09 10

Thursday 29 May 2014

An Afternoon Wonder



I just decided to wear this dress yesterday morning. 
No particular reason, just coz I wanted to... that afternoon... 
I had no engagements so I thought it a wonderful idea to go for little walk!  








the horses came for some tasty carrots and apples...








(unfortunately these shots aren't all completely focused... 
its hard to take a pic when the horses are trying to eat your iPhone!) 
























this sketch was actually originally drawn on the 15th of February this year (2014) 
It has taken me quite a bit of time till I eventually got around to creating the garment...


These images I found most helpful when studying how to re-create this piece.
Of course it is basically impossible to get it exact, since obviously I'm not the original maker/designer, I don't have the same fabric/budget and... I'm not Keira Knightley!
















I found these two websites especially helpful for this project. 
And if you're interested in perhaps creating a gown inspired by the ones from this film... 
These sites are really good!



I would have proffered to make it out of fabric closer to Lizzy's but I was given it - and it still does the job pretty well, I'm very happy with it! Ideally though she has like a light weight, thin cotton sort of material where as mine is simply a synthetic chiffon kind of stuff... with a brown cotton sheet as the under/lining of the dress!

Pride and Prejudice 2005 is probably up there with my utmost favorite film for costuming! I do not know why... I just really like them! So hopefully in the near future I'll be able to make some more new gowns with ideas from this movie!



Rose xx



4 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous dress! Love love love it.
    You look incredible in it too (: very Keria Knightly-ish
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shoot! You look so good with a fringe ^_^
    It is a truth unviversally acknowledged that me and a certain PandP don't get on that well... but the costumes ARE l o v e l y! (though not regency. Because, y'know, a guy who dislkiked regency fashion decided to make a regency film. hum. ;)
    Hope to see ya soon! :D
    ~Gwyn Fitzherbert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah it's like... I don't like Footy - I'll make a film about Footy! ...WHAT?! ;)
      Aww thank you!
      YES! hopefully see you soon!
      Rose xx

      Delete
  3. Ya look gorg!
    Love the shoot.
    Your hair looks almost identical to Lizzie's in that lighting!

    ReplyDelete