01 09 10

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Rapunzel


I was pretty much obsessed with Tangled when I first saw it!
I memorized (and still know) basically the entire film...
and I just wanted to be Rapunzel!

This was like a few years ago and I really didn't know how to sew heaps well then.
- BUT - I wanted to be this Disney Princess so much that I was determined to create her dress!


The whole process took me months! 
It had to be perfect. So I was watching the movie heaps, looking up Google images, 
seeing what others had done, figuring out how to make this and that work etc.

And in the end I decided to have a Disney party because I had put all this work in to this gown which if not having an occasion to wear it would have been quite pointless...

dying the bodice fabric
Before // After




How I did the sleeves


The bodice all put together.



These are some photos of a shoot we did!




at my party
Sleeping beauty and Rapunzel (my sister and I)
I made here an Bria Rose out fit!


Mother Gothel




I was so happy with it!
But know looking back I with I could re-do it... I've learned so much over this past year that I could make it exactly like Rapunzle's now (even though she is an animated character)
That is why I'm so excited for my Anna dress. ITS MY SECOND CHANCE!


No comments:

Post a Comment