01 09 10

Tuesday, 25 February 2014

My First Corset

Of cause, when sewing historically, though you put lots of work into the outer dress/design/intricate patterns etc. You really start with the underwear. 

It is the most important part.  

So to make it easier I bought the pattern: Butteric B4254
as the base, then fit and change bits to my liking.


I used Spiral Steel Boning. 
(for my first corset, I must say it was a bit of a challenge, 
but the end result is great and lasting!) 


...Took me ages stitching the bias tape



END RESULT





                                                                                 




















Also you can see I've made some pockets and a bumb roll or false rump.
these are the undergarments for my 1700's day dresses.